Get now the free Checkers board game!
Checkers is one of the oldest board games for two players. Checkers is a great board game that is played worldwide. A real classic! It’s simple and intuitive, and it has preserved its classic appearance.
- Move pieces by tap
- 100% fair and completely random dice rolls
- Bluetooth mode
- Support tablet device
- Support two players on same device
- Support playing offline vs AI - strong computer opponent.
- Classic Design
- User-friendly, tap-to-move interface
- Designed for both Tablet and Phones
- Free updates!
- Smooth gameplay.
- Hours of entertainment!
- Free! Play as much as you want
- Checkers game without wifi. Play Checkers free board game offline.
- Fun, excitement and entertainment!
The aim of the game is to capture the other player's checkers or make them impossible to move.
Captures or 'jumps' are mandatory. If a square diagonally in front of a man is occupied by an opponent's piece, and if the square beyond that piece in the same direction is empty, the man may 'jump' over the opponent's piece and land on the empty square. The opponent's piece is captured and removed from the board.
The game is started in the position shown below on a checkers board consisting of 64 squares in an 8x8 grid. The red player moves first. Then each player takes a single turn. In fact, a player must move in turn. In other words a move cannot be skipped.
When a single piece reaches the last rank of the board by reason of a move, or as the completion of a 'jump', it becomes a king; and that completes the move, or 'jump'.
A King can move in any direction and 'jump' in any direction one or more pieces, as the limits of the board permit. The King can only jump diagonally over one adjacent piece at a time, in any of the four diagonal directions. Multiple jumps apply to kings as well.
* Checkers is just one of our large collection of best of breed classic board, card and puzzle games available for a wide range of platforms.